Neuropsych Evaluation Insurance Fees Explained
What is a Neuropsych Evaluation?
A neuropsych evaluation is the process of determining levels of cognitive functioning inferred from psychological testing in order to render a diagnosis, a treatment plan, and a direction forward. Dr. Chambers has completed his formal re-specializing in clinical neuropsychology. He concluded his didactic training at Palo Alto University in the Summer of 2015 along w/ 2-years of formal supervision in clinical neuropsychology. Our offices are in Santa Cruz County @ 2140 41st. Ave #200B in Capitola CA, (Next to KFC) and the San Jose area by appointment only. Please call us at 321-208-1554 if you have any questions about our services. You can also reach the office manger at 321-298-8668. Our FAX number is 831-325-0125. Please explore our website to find out more information about our services. We look forward to serving you! Email is also a great form of contact email@example.com.
Types of Neuropsych Evaluations:
– ADD ADHD Neuropsychological Evals
– Autism/Aspergers Neuropsychological Evaluations
– Learning Disability Evaluations (Insurance Does Not Cover These)
– Neurosychological Assessment for Complicated Mental Health Concerns
– Neuropsychological Assessments for GRE/MCAT/LSAT/SAT etc. Accommodations
– 504 Plans/Accommodations/Assistance/Challenges to IEP’s (School Systems Cannot Diagnose!)
– Court Ordered Assessments/Forensic Assessments/Risk Assessments
– CA Board of Psychology EPPP/CPSE Accommodations
A neurosychological assessment can take anywhere from 1-4 sessions (or more in some cases). Psychological assessments can be broken up into shorter sessions if necessary!
**More Complex Cases will be handled through a collaborative team approach.
We do not accept insurance.
Your insurance, if it is a PPO, may give you some reimbursement. Typically, with standard out of network benefits, you will receive 65% of the contracted rate which is around $500.00-$600.00. Sometimes you can obtain an out of network exemption, and receive approximately $900.00-$1,000.00. We will bill the insurance company for you. However, our fees are due up front on the first visit. The check from the insurance company will be sent to you. If it is sent to us, we will cut you a check for that amount.
Below are the codes you can use to inquire about your insurance coverage and out of network coverage. Please use both the probable diagnostic code, and the procedure codes as well.
Diagnostic Codes (Updated ICD-10):
- 314.00 (F90.0) ADHD
- 299.00 (F84.0) Autism
- 294.9 (F09) Cognitive Problems (e.g., Brain Injury, Complicated Medical Concerns)
- 312.81 (F91.1) Behavior Problems
- 311 (F32.9) Depression
- 300.00 (F41.9) Anxiety
- 296.80 (F31.9) Bipolar Disorder
- 295.90 (F20.9) Schizophrenia
Procedure Codes (Must Use Both):
- 90791- Diagnostic Interview
- 96101- Psychological Testing (For Psych Evaluation Test)
- 96118 -Neuropsychological Testing (May be under your Medical Plan)
Neuropsych Evaluation: Full evaluation $3,500-$4,500 (Sliding Scale < $50,000 per household). *This does NOT include IEP meetings, or any additional clinical work. IEP meetings are $350.00 per hour portal to portal. **Expedited report fees ($500.00).
Some younger children or less demanding neuropsychological testing batteries are between $1,200-$2,500.
Pure ADHD batteries for adults are also less expensive in almost all cases. They range from $1,500-$2500 (This does not include learning disorders or neuropsychological issues). This testing battery include a rule out diagnosis for psychological disorders (e.g., OCD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety and Adult Autism (Not Childhood Autism) etc.).
Forensic Work: Court Testimony for Forensic & Court Based Neuropsych Testing: $400 per hour, Portal to Portal/ Wait Time (Full Evals are $4,000-$5,500).**Expedited report fees ($600.00-$1,000). Deposition charges are ($400 hourly, no minimum). Court testimony is $400.00 per hour with a 4-hour or half-day minimum. Out of area related travel is billed $400.00 hourly.